Opinions welcome: Restructuring the system menus

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Mon Dec 17 09:32:15 UTC 2007

Hans de Goede wrote:

> Actually, in the case of games, the way too long menu when you install
> lots of games (and who doesn't) has long been fixed, a simple "yum
> install games-menus" will change your games applications menu (under all
> fdo menuspec compliant environments) to have categorized submenu's using
> the official fdo spec Game categories.

There is one thing I personally would like to see about games and menu
(and I expect it is not specs compliant): all unplayable the games
because of no data available (needing the autodownloader to be run) in a
separate menu, so I could ignore them easily in the Games Spin.
Yeah, they cold move from that menu in the proper location once the data
is available, but this is really a "pie in the sky" scenario.