how is pulseaudio supposed to work?

Simo Sorce ssorce at redhat.com
Mon Dec 17 17:37:47 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-12-17 at 10:10 -0700, Richi Plana wrote:

> Just remember that a fork+exec is already done. Currently by a startup
> script. What makes one uneasy with moving it into the lib?

If you have files open which do not have the close-on-exec flag I feel a
bit uneasy as well.
It's like libraries calling exit() or playing with signals or starting
threads, etc.., I hate when apps do things the main app developer does
not know about, esp. if these libraries are being included into the app
via very indirect means.

Simo.

--
| Simo S Sorce |