Re: how is pulseaudio supposed to work?

On Dec 17, 2007 12:11 PM, Richi Plana <myfedora richip dhs org> wrote:
> I think someone is assuming the wrong thing about why people use
> virtual, text-based consoles. I don't know about others, but the only
> reason I use VCs these days is when X won't work or something is hogging
> the system resources and I have to use a minimalistic shell to fix it.

In the world of today's ├╝ber computers using the text console may not
be necessary, but I've had some pretty old computers, that took
forever to start up X.  Then running a terminal, even say urxvt with
font-smoothing was slow.  Sometimes we just want something simple, and
to have a way of supporting it.

Actually, i think doing the virtual consoles through X is a cool idea,
because you can do alot of very interesting things that way, but it's
always something to take into consideration, what use cases us edge
people have had.

-Yaakov