Re: how is pulseaudio supposed to work?

On Tue, 18.12.07 21:04, Nicolas Mailhot (nicolas mailhot laposte net) wrote:

> > > I want an official way to get sound working for non-human-user
> > > sessions that does not involves writing manually .xinitrcs, can be
> >
> > What is a "non-human-user session"?
>
> Anything which is not a human logging in to read his mail. Can be a
> streaming server, a background PVR app with a kiosk-like interface
> statically routed to a video output, an audio app sitting on the home
> music store directly remote-controlled, etc

If you call this a "session", then you can just run "pulseaudio -D"
from that session too.

Or you can just bypass PA and directly access the HW, since there's
not much point in using PA if you don't have an UI for it anyway. Just
use "hw:0" as ALSA audio device instead of "default" or "pulse".

Lennart