Re: how is pulseaudio supposed to work?

On Tue, 18.12.07 21:38, Nicolas Mailhot (nicolas mailhot laposte net) wrote:

> > > It's very unclear to me how this kind if setup is supposed to be
> > > handled in a PA world.
> >
> > How is it supposed to be handled in a non PA world?
>
> You assign specific alsa devices to specific apps

You're welcome to do that even if login sessions use PA. PA releases
the audio devices when idle. And thus your kind of setup works as good
or as bad as it did before. Just use "front:0" or "front:1" as ALSA
audio device, instead of "default" or "pulse".

Oh, and since you seem to hate PA really that much: just disable it!
Just remove alsa-plugins-pulseaudio and you have it back, your naked
ALSA.

Lennart