Re: how is pulseaudio supposed to work?

Michael E Brown wrote:
1) copy the zonbu's ~guest/.pulse-cookie file to your home dir. (from
Lennart's previous email, I havent tested this.) This looks to me like
the best option.

The file isn't readable to other of course, but even then, this doesn't seem to work.

2) ask your music player to directly use the alsa hw:0 device, and
probably twiddle permissions on the /dev/snd/ files.

That indeed works.