Re: how is pulseaudio supposed to work?

On 12/19/2007 03:48 PM, Patrice Dumas wrote:
On Wed, Dec 19, 2007 at 09:28:22AM -0500, Matthias Clasen wrote:
We don't have necessarily time to do such things. Many people in fedora
are benevolent.
Anyway why not do a pam module such that all the login systems (be it
wdm, xdm, console login...) can benefit from it? We have a wondefully
modular system for everything that can take place on login, this would
ease life for a lot of people, and allow for choice of UI instead of
tying those who don't have the money to pay programmers to UI they don't
like.

Don't let Nalin hear that...

I don't really understand your comment.

Nalin (the pam maintainer in Fedora), is very much against using pam modules in non-authentication ways. Yes, we know that other things do it. That doesn't mean we should keep doing it.