how is pulseaudio supposed to work?

Olivier Galibert galibert at pobox.com
Wed Dec 19 22:58:57 UTC 2007

On Wed, Dec 19, 2007 at 11:43:42AM -0900, Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> I think the underlying problem is that advanced hardware access policy
> technology is advancing far more rapidly than local administrators are
> able to keep up with and its disrupting workflow that has been used
> for years.

Yes, there is a lot of that.  You also have to add the fact that some
of these newflangled thingies sometimes do not have the capability to
cover what the previous systems could do, as we can see in NM's case.

So there are two steps there, find out what the new system can
actually do, and how it can be configured to do it.  Of course, having
the main maintainer taking questions trying to answer that as personal
attacks on his work is not making the task easy.

  OG.