Re: user switching [was Re: how is pulseaudio supposed to work?]

Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 18, 2007 at 10:54:43PM +0100, Olivier Galibert wrote:
>> - Both the GF & I are usually logged on that machine, her with KDE on
>>   Ctrl-Alt-F7 and me with fvwm2 on Ctrl-Alt-F8.  Adding pulseaudio -D in
>>   my startup wouldn't be a problem.
>> - User switching, as it is, is just C-A-F7/C-A-F8
>
> I'm glad to hear of someone else doing this. Is gdm in rawhide all broken
> for you too?

I used to regularly use two separate X servers both started and maintained by
gdm.  For each of them I could login the same user (to a different desktop
session) or a different user, it worked very seamlessly.  I haven't found the
need to be doing that for awhile though so can't say whether rawhide has issues
with it.

--
Andrew Farris <lordmorgul gmail com> <ajfarris gmail com>