On 12/19/2007 07:49 PM, Brian Pepple wrote:
Hi,

Please find below the list of topics that are likely to come up in the
next FESCo meeting that is scheduled for tomorrow, Thursday at 18:00 UTC
in #fedora-meeting on irc.freenode.org:

I will be unable to attend, sadly.

/topic MISC -
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/JesseKeating/PackageACLOpening - f13

+1 *IFF* NewMaintainerContainment is approved.

/topic MISC -
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/JesseKeating/NewMaintainerContainment -
f13

In general, +1.

Discussion points:

* How do maintainers get added to the elevated group?

N number of people in the elevated group vouch for them. I think a good number of N is 2.

* What maintainers are grandfathered in?

We need to ensure that packagers that sometimes need to touch a large portion of packages that they don't own (for dependency rebuilds, package cleanup, rel-eng, etc) are still able to.

* Formal process for revoking access.

We should probably have a way to revoke access in the unlikely case someone goes postal...

/topic Status Update: Compat Policy
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/JeremyKatz/DraftCompatPackages - jeremy

"It also means that security changes, fixes, etc. "

Huh? :-)

I think the idea is right, but it could be better organized. Bulleted lists make things easy to see. Something like.... http://caillon.fedorapeople.org/compat.html