Re: PackageACLOpening and NewMaintainerContainment Re: Plan for tomorrows (20071220) FESCO meeting

On 20.12.2007 15:34, Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Thu, 20 Dec 2007 15:25:47 +0100
> Thorsten Leemhuis <fedora leemhuis info> wrote:
>
>> then yet another inflexible template
> Is this a thinly veiled dig at the proposal template I created?  Do you
> have actual feedback you'd like to give on it?

You mean
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Development/FescoProposalTemplate ?

No, looks fine and certainly is helpful for those that want to be
guided. But sometimes it might be easier for people to say it in
different ways, and that should be allowed. And a problem I fear a lot
is this:

Contributer: "I want to do foo, to do bar"

FESCo: "Please use the template"

Contributer: "But foo is self-explaining. Why do I have to write such a
lengthy proposal? I have no time for such crap."

End result: nothing gets done.

Cu
knurd