Re: Delays in package processing

> On Fri, 21 Dec 2007 09:46:18 +0100
> Michael Schwendt <mschwendt tmp0701 nospam arcor de> wrote:
>
> > *I* believe we flood our users with too many rushed/untested
> updates. It feels more and more like a rolling release
This would be great.

> > which is not too far away from Rawhide.
Well, I have to agree, to that extend that I feel FC8 "gold" had been in
a shape which left much to be desired, better should not have been
released and now is gradually maturing.

> I tend to agree.  Then again, I'm in the position of doing all the
> pushes so I have a unique view upon it.  But it feels to me that
> packagers are all too eager to just release anything and everything
> across the releases, without regard to a 'stable release'.
It won't surprise you that I can't avoid to disagree vehemently. What
you call "eager" in many cases is "bug-fixing across distros".

Ralf