RFC: FEver and RPath checks in Koji

Debarshi 'Rishi' Ray debarshi.ray at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 17:16:18 UTC 2007

I have a couple of proposals which I wanted to sound out.

+ Would it be possible to run FEver
(http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/FEver) on a regular
basis? Currently I get the feeling that it is run manually at
irregular intervals, and since I depend heavily on it for tracking
upstream releases this often means that a release is missed
occasionally.

+ Would it be a good idea to have rpath related checks in Koji? Although I use
"%__arch_install_post   /usr/lib/rpm/check-rpaths
/usr/lib/rpm/check-buildroot"
in my ~/.rpmmacros, some rpath issues are only detected on x86_64
systems? Although I have a x86_64 desktop, it can be a bit problematic
when a x86_64 system is not available. Such issues do not get detected
during the Koji build resulting in violation of the packaging
guidelines.

Comments?

Cheers,
Debarshi