Re: RFC: FEver and RPath checks in Koji

Jesse Keating wrote:
On Fri, 21 Dec 2007 22:46:18 +0530
"Debarshi 'Rishi' Ray" <debarshi ray gmail com> wrote:

+ Would it be a good idea to have rpath related checks in Koji?
Although I use "%__arch_install_post   /usr/lib/rpm/check-rpaths
/usr/lib/rpm/check-buildroot"
in my ~/.rpmmacros, some rpath issues are only detected on x86_64
systems? Although I have a x86_64 desktop, it can be a bit problematic
when a x86_64 system is not available. Such issues do not get detected
during the Koji build resulting in violation of the packaging
guidelines.

Comments?

+1

I'm pretty sure rpath checking is done in koji, due to the macros we
install in redhat-config-rpm.

I don't believe so. We've been bitten by this recently. x86_64 builds will succeed in Koji but fail locally. This lead to the incorrect conclusion the problem was on the local machine because Koji builds are the gold standard reference thus the local machine had to have a problem. As we learned a few days ago the Koji build had the exact same rpath issue, however it wasn't flagged as a build error like it was locally. The red herring was an unfortunate waste of time because we were looking for the problem in the wrong place.

--
John Dennis <jdennis redhat com>