Re: Delays in package processing

On Fri, 21 Dec 2007 18:42:26 +0000
"Daniel P. Berrange" <berrange redhat com> wrote:

> Really what I'm saying is that the base library has very good
> stability across releases, while the UI layer is not so stable. So
> mandating that libraries are not upgraded, while perhipheral desktop
> apps can be upgraded is pretty much reverse of what is suitable for
> virt.

So I think you and Bill are accomplishing the same goal but with
different steps involved.  The commonality here is that you and Bill
can take that goal and given the knowledge of the software you're
working with use the appropriate steps to achieve the goal.

How can we express the goal itself, rather than the methodology one
might use to meet that goal?  If we can express the goal, then we give
maintainers the ability to determine how best to reach that goal with
their own software.

--
Jesse Keating