Re: Delays in package processing

On Sat, 22 Dec 2007 13:15:47 +0530
"Debarshi 'Rishi' Ray" <debarshi ray gmail com> wrote:

> > Maybe half way through as in Fedora 8.5 or something like that
> > where all the common bugs get fixed?
>
> Not all fixes, but just the installer specific ones would be enough.

This assumes that the installer from F8 would get updates.  It
doesn't.  Installer work is entirely done on the /next/ release, and
interspersed with all the new features we're doing.  To require the
installer folks to work on updates to the old installer would be a sure
way to stagnate future development.

--
Jesse Keating