Re: Vanilla kernel RPM?

Le samedi 22 décembre 2007 à 14:10 -0600, Josh Boyer a écrit :
> On Sat, 22 Dec 2007 20:39:52 +0100
> Nicolas Mailhot <nicolas mailhot laposte net> wrote:
>

> > Le samedi 22 décembre 2007 à 13:33 -0600, Josh Boyer a écrit :
> > > On Sat, 22 Dec 2007 19:28:21 +0000
> > > Matthew Saltzman <mjs CLEMSON EDU> wrote:
> >
> > > The specfile in rawhide has a vanilla option.  All you have to do is
> > > run:
> > >
> > > make vanilla-$TARGET
> > >
> > > And it will build a vanilla kernel (with only patches for the config
> > > mechanisms IIRC).
> >
> > Does it really work? I know I had to move the oldconfig patch when I
> > adapted the specfile to mm kernels (patch already posted, can rebase and
> > re-post if someone wants to add mm build capabilities to fedora spec)
>
> It worked for me a while ago.  Though I wasn't adding patches.  I was
> just building what was in CVS without the extra patches.

IIRC the spec logic relies on a special make oldconfig target which is
only available if the non-interactive oldconfig patch is applied on the
kernel. Which means this particular patch can not be skipped even in the
vanilla case.

At least when I build mm kernels I need to kill every fedora patch
except this one for things to work

--
Nicolas Mailhot