anaconda updates / respins (was: Re: Delays in package processing)

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Sat Dec 22 21:19:21 UTC 2007

On Sat, Dec 22, 2007 at 10:01:53 -0500,
  Jesse Keating <jkeating at redhat.com> wrote:

> That's what Unity does, and I applaud them.

Is there a way we can get Unity's work back into Fedora?
If Fedora isn't using Anaconda to do official respins, it seems like letting
Unity's backports get into the official Anaconda would be low risk. Its
biggest impact would be on the people using revisor who are people that
are going to want the fixes and who can deal with regressions if there
are any.
Publishing an updates.img as part of a package would also be nice.

P.S. This weekend my plan is to create a custom Games Spin combining Unity's
installer and updates.img with Everything, Updates and Updates-Testing using
a slightly modified kickstart file (to add uqm to the Games Spin). Then hand
out a few for Christmas to Relatives and Friends. In return for Unity's help,
I'll try to see if I can do one of their test cases that hasn't been tested
yet.