Fedora and lack of audio communication with the community

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Sat Dec 22 21:30:08 UTC 2007

Valent Turkovic <valent.turkovic <at> gmail.com> writes:
> first excuse me if this is the wrong mailing list. If there is
> fedora-marketing or some similar :) mailing list please point me in
> the right direction.

There is a fedora-marketing-list indeed.

But to answer your suggestion: I personally don't understand why all the fuss
about podcasts, IMHO written plaintext is more convenient for things like that
(easier to skim over, easier to find a section when going back to something you
already read, easier to search automatically (fulltext search), easier to find
in a search engine too (fulltext indexing), no need to either put headphones on
or have everyone around listen to the podcast too whether they want it or not,
can be consumed on a machine with no sound at all (as in some offices) and of
course faster to download too).

        Kevin Kofler