Re: Putting K3b back onto the DVDs?

On Tue, 25 Dec 2007 18:34:52 +0100
Nils Philippsen <nphilipp redhat com> wrote:

> Secondary arch packages can be installed after the initial
> installation just fine (whether from Live media or via anaconda).
> Having these on Live media shouldn't be necessary unless we ship
> secondary arch only software (like wine) on the medium. We should
> have means to enable multilib if so desired rather than having it on
> Live media where it's not strictly needed.
>
> Merry Christmas by the way :-).

Which sounds great until you take one of the oft stated goals of
multilib, which is non-rpm software just works out of the box, which is
why we install multilib by default when installing from traditional
media, and why the experience is not changed when you install from live
media.

--
Jesse Keating