Re: Fedora and lack of audio communication with the community

> Podcasts are useless to the deaf and Hard of Hearing. If you want to put
> a podcast up, fine. if you don't have a transcript of it you're
> excluding that portion of the population, entirely. There is currently
> software to read text in a voice for the blind, we have nothing to
> convert speech to text.

I managed a (very low listenership) podcast for a year.  It's a good
bit of work, but I wouldn't discourage someone wanting to do
it.  In my postings, I had the good fortune that my audio content was
being read nearly verbatim from a printed sheet, and I had the content
of the printed sheet to include in the ID3 tags (MP3s) and comment
tags (OGGs).  My limited audience probably never even noticed this
"feature" of their downloaded file, but it was trivial to add.

--
Matt Domsch
linux.dell.com & www.dell.com/linux