Re: Broken deps in the stable release are not acceptable

drago01 wrote:
On Dec 29, 2007 2:48 AM, Daniel P. Berrange <berrange redhat com> wrote:

For fixing broken deps its reasonable to bypassing testing, since the
assuption is the current package is already un-installable.  Bugs marked
'urgent' is a complete waste of time - everyone thinks their own bug
is urgent / important. If someone enters a BZ and marks it urgent I'll
typically put it at the bottom of my TODO list because it usually isn't
urgent at all ;-P   Similarly 'serious bug' is kind of hard to define as
a formal policy - you need to enumerate a reasonable set of scenarios
which are considered serious. 'broken deps' is one good example of a
serious bug.

data corruption, app is "unuseable" ... etc.

but I think the best solution is "trust the maintainer" .. he should
be able to judge if the update is urgent or not ... if not he should
not be a maintainer at all.

It is still useful to give a set of usual scenarios where the bug is considered urgent as guidance for maintainers in need of it.

Rahul