Re: Broken deps in the stable release are not acceptable

Patrice Dumas wrote:
On Sat, Dec 29, 2007 at 01:55:08AM +0100, Christoph Wickert wrote:
For that, we could make a bodhi policy. Cause no rules say all package
Must go to testing-update before move to stable one.
You are right. I thought we already had policy for that but the wiki
says:
"If you feel that community testing is unnecessary for your update, you
can choose to push it straight to the stable fedora-updates repository
instead."

IMO this is wrong, it should only be allowed for security updates.

I disagree. In my case nobody ever noticed the regressions in testing
even for my packages that are widely used. And for the packages that correspond with a niche of users, of course I never got any feedback in bodhi.

Given that it seems that there isn't a lot of people using testing it
seems to me that for niche software it would be better to go straight to
stable.

+1

Not to mention updates which aren't updates but new packages.

Regards,

Hans