Re: Broken deps in the stable release are not acceptable

On 12/29/2007 02:32 AM, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
Christoph Wickert wrote:
I completely agree with you. Maybe we could say that updates are allowed
to bypass testing if they fix
a) serious bugs
b) bugs marked as "urgent"
c) broken deps

b) isn't a good criteria since anybody can mark any bug as urgent. If the priority field in bugzilla is restricted to package maintainers and triagers, I would agree with you.

The same maintainer who marks "push right to stable" can tweak the field before they submit the update and you won't have solved anything.