Re: Broken deps in the stable release are not acceptable

Christopher Aillon wrote:
On 12/29/2007 02:32 AM, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
Christoph Wickert wrote:
I completely agree with you. Maybe we could say that updates are allowed
to bypass testing if they fix
a) serious bugs
b) bugs marked as "urgent"
c) broken deps

b) isn't a good criteria since anybody can mark any bug as urgent. If the priority field in bugzilla is restricted to package maintainers and triagers, I would agree with you.

The same maintainer who marks "push right to stable" can tweak the field before they submit the update and you won't have solved anything.

Even if it had a strict set of rules and maintainers are going to abuse the system, they can mark any update as a critical security update and push it through too but then it is much more easier to point out who is responsible compared to users just marking a random bug as a high priority one.

At any rate, I think we should just disable the priority field or limit it's access if we want to rely on it for anything at all.

Rahul