gripe/question: /etc/sysconfig/system-config-firewall???

Anybody care to explain to me the logic of the file

/etc/sysconfig/system-config-firewall

which makes my kickstart and/or lokkit invocations not be respected?

I.e. port 22 remains open even if I do

lokkit --enabled

(or just firewall --enabled in kickstart)

It seems like if anything lokkit should be writing this file, not reading one installed by an rpm. But maybe I just need a clue. ???

-dmc