Re: Announcing LHCP - Linux Hardware Compatibility Project

On Thu, 2007-02-01 at 01:21 +0100, Enrico Scholz wrote:

> 'suspend-to-disk' and 'suspend-to-ram' are much more descriptives
> names
> and more consistent with rest of system (/sys/power/state).

And how many joe-average Linux users know what the contents
of /sys/power/state is? Also, my girlfriend has no concept of what "ram"
is, and why it should be faster than "disk".

She does understand the speed difference between suspend and hibernate.

I really don't think it's important to know what each of the Sx states
is doing to individual bits of hardware, not for the end user anyway.

Richard.