announce: v2.6.20-rt1 yum repository and kernel rpms

Thomas M Steenholdt tmus at tmus.dk
Mon Feb 5 12:17:29 UTC 2007

Ingo Molnar wrote:
> in case you are interested in really bleeding-edge kernel rpms for
> fc7/fc6/fc5, i've created the -rt kernel yum repository, which provides
> the -rt kernel in rpmized form for i686 and x86_64, updated
> daily/bi-daily. The package is named 'kernel-rt' so it does not conflict
> with the Fedora kernel package - you can always revert to the Fedora
> kernel.

It seems my system hangs at some point during IDE initialization...

This is the last I see, before the system hangs (does not respond to
caps-lock, num-lock etc)
---
ICH7: not 100% native mode: will probe irqs later
     ide0: BM-DMA at 0x1880-0x1887, BIOS settings: hda:DMA, hdb:pio
---

I'd expect it to continue with:
---
Probing IDE interface ide0...
hda: HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4083N, ATAPI CD/DVD-ROM drive
ide0 at 0x1f0-0x1f7,0x3f6 on irq 14
Probing IDE interface ide1...
ide-floppy driver 0.99.newide
---

or something not to too far from it.

This is on a ThinkPad T60p (x86_64, dual-core), running x86_64 kernel.

I haven't tried a lot of things to get it going yet, but I will!

/Thomas