Re: /etc/init.d in the default $PATH ?

2007/2/3, Jeffrey C. Ollie <jeff ocjtech us>:
On Sat, 2007-02-03 at 11:13 -0500, Michel Salim wrote:

> It'll be nice if command-completion in bash and zsh can provide the
> list of available services .. otherwise, using zsh, there are
> ease-of-use arguments for having init.d in $PATH

If you install bash-completion and then type "service TAB" it will show
you a list of all of the services.

One reason I did not realized bash-completion already does this is
that you have to be root (to have /sbin in your path) for the
tab-completion to work.

--
Michel Salim
http://hircus.wordpress.com/

My theology, briefly, is that the universe was dictated but not signed.
               -- Christopher Morley