Re: Default MTA for Fedora 7

On Monday 05 February 2007 15:39, Thomas M Steenholdt wrote:
> I'm not going to debate which mailer is best, but I have to say this...
> Knowing that exim will win a dependency race for for /usr/sbin/sendmail,
> including the package on the media and installing it by default (even if
> it's to satisfy a dep.), comes very very close to being a conscious
> decision.

If you don't have network enabled at install time (and the remote repo
enabled), then only the packages on media will be looked at for solving
smtpdaemon.  If its sendmail, and sendmail alone, it will win.  If it's
postfix, it will win.  Its all in what you put on the media.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora