Using qemu to test images

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Wed Feb 7 03:18:21 UTC 2007

I've been using qemu to test my install trees, both without KVM and with KVM,
both i386 and x86_64.  I want to start doing this for ppc as well, however
I'm running into an issue and I really don't know where to go from here (:

Basically I create a file system image and then run:

sudo qemu-system-ppc -vnc 1 -m
512 -hda /home/jkeating/pungi.img -cdrom /srv/pungi/development/6.90/Desktop/ppc/os/images/boot.iso

This is just like what I call on x86, module the -system-ppc.  However when I
connect to VNC I see http://people.redhat.com/jkeating/qemu-ppc.png

I know some of you are experienced with qemu on ppc, care to give me a hand?
This same message comes up when booting the Test1 isos, which I kno wboot on
my macs, so I don't think it is something wrong with the image creation.  The
online documentation for ppc is a bit sparse :/

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora