rawhide report: 20070207 changes

David Zeuthen david at fubar.dk
Wed Feb 7 21:53:38 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-02-07 at 15:18 -0500, Dave Jones wrote:
> I'm puzzled why you're not seeing these when you test the code before
> pushing it.  Are you running with selinux disabled ?
> Or is it failing only in certain hardware configurations that you don't have?

Bah, mea culpa. I need to admit I wasn't running SELinux in Enforcing
mode on the laptop I was testing it on. I see the issues in the AVC log
as it's running Permissive mode. Still, some of my complaints still
stand: As a developer, SELinux right now is a thing that gets more in my
way than I like it to. It's probably specific to HAL as it runs with
lots of privileges to do stuff.

      David