Default MTA for Fedora 7

Nils Philippsen nphilipp at redhat.com
Thu Feb 8 14:35:21 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-02-08 at 11:32 +0100, Benny Amorsen wrote:

> NP> This would put me in the "just not about everyone" group as I use
> NP> postfix and UUCP. It was really easy to setup, but I might have to
> NP> try out something different for more effective anti-spam stuff.
>
> Notice that Exim CAN do UUCP, just not UUCP bang paths. That is, the
> old foo!bar!baz stuff.

And I'm not masochistic enough to actually want bang paths ;-), I just
think that UUCP is a good way to hook up a machine with mail that's not
always on and gets dynamic IP addresses. I just wanted to counter the
notion a bit that everyone who uses UUCP uses sendmail.

Nils
     Nils Philippsen    /    Red Hat    /    nphilipp at redhat.com
 Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."  --  B. Franklin, 1759