libXft.so.1

Adam Jackson ajackson at redhat.com
Mon Feb 12 14:59:16 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-02-12 at 10:00 +0100, Gianluca Sforna wrote:
> Hi all,
> I have here a legacy application linked to libXft.so.1 but, unless I'm
> blind or something, it is nowhere to be found in FC6.
>
> Is there any compat- package available/planned?

This used to be provided by the xorg-x11 package in FC4, and by XFree86
in FC1 and earlier.  Upstream Xorg dropped it during modularisation, so
there's currently no real upstream packaging for it besides the 6.9
monolithic Xorg release.

I don't have any plans to add Xft1 to Fedora myself, but it'd be fine to
include.  If you do so you may want to engage Xorg upstream to get a
modular package constructed too, since I can imagine other distros
wanting this.  Until then you could just rip the binaries out of the FC4
xorg-x11.

- ajax