Wakeup alarm?

Frank Ch. Eigler fche at redhat.com
Mon Feb 12 15:32:22 UTC 2007

Jesse Keating <jkeating at redhat.com> writes:

> Also we don't know how many CDs you'll need before doing
> depchecking.  We have to prompt you with how many you'll need so
> that you don't start the install and get asked for a CD you didn't
> download/burn.

Anaconda can tell when this is not applicable, for example if it runs
off of a DVD installation.  Then this post-depcheck prompt is nothing
but a waste of time.

Even if this prompting were applicable (for CD installs), is there
data to support the intuition that the problem (not enough CDs
downloaded) occurs frequently enough to justify the time waste imposed
on those who do not make that mistake?

- FChE