Problem running SWT apps on Sun JVM on Fedora 7?

Michel Salim michel.salim at gmail.com
Mon Feb 12 22:09:18 UTC 2007

2007/2/12, Callum Lerwick <seg at haxxed.com>:
> On Sat, 2007-02-10 at 21:25 -0500, Michel Salim wrote:
> > SWT applications (Eclipse, Azureus) runs fine against Sun JDK 6 on
> > Fedora Core 6; on Fedora 7, however, all of them produces a SIGSEGV
> > with the last native frame being libgobject-2.0.so.0. The last frame
> > on the Java stack is org.eclipse.swt.internal.gtk.OS._gtk_init_check
>
> Actually I'm seeing this on FC6 as well. However, only on x86_64. x86_64
> Sun java, and x86_64 fedora packages. My i386 box works fine with the
> same (but 32bit) configuration. I tried using the same i386 Sun JVM and
> i386 Fedora packages (including Azureus) on the x86_64 box, but that
> didn't work either. Confusing. I might have missed something though...

Slightly different use case than mine; when running against Sun Java I
normally use the binary tarballs from upstream, not the
Fedora-supplied RPMs. I *did* try running Fedora Eclipse against Sun
Java (by mistake; the path to the JVM got added in front of /usr/bin
when I reorganized my login scripts) and it did produce the same
error.

--
Michel Salim
http://hircus.wordpress.com/

My theology, briefly, is that the universe was dictated but not signed.
                -- Christopher Morley