simplistic questions about core/extras merge

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Tue Feb 13 06:16:19 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-02-12 at 14:37 -0600, Callum Lerwick wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-02-12 at 07:02 -0500, Max Spevack wrote:
> > 3) Internal RH developers who don't pay much attention to Fedora at all,
> > aside from what they are "forced" to do.
>
> I can't speak for what trouble or drama this may cause within Red Hat,
Right, this is Red Hat management problem. They will have to decide on
what to do and we, the community will have to watch for what will
happen.

> but from the community's point of view, we're much better off if this
> kind of people are encouraged to just let go of whatever packages
> they're not interested in maintaining to someone who has an honest
> interest in them.

I'd rather not see this happening, firstly, because this won't always be
applicable (technical complexity) and in second place, because this it
is a double-sided sword (outsourcing).

 I'd prefer RH'd devs to start opening their packages and collaborate
with the community on their packages - IMO, both sides can only mutually
benefit from this in longer terms.

Ralf