Re: Smolt from behind a proxy (Re: Smolt: firsboot revisited)

On Wed, 2007-02-14 at 13:47 -0600, Mike McGrath wrote:
> Leszek Matok wrote:
> > Dnia 14-02-2007, śro o godzinie 19:01 +0100, David Nielsen napisał(a):
> >
> >> Smolt is doubleplus good, I vote yes.
> >>
> > I don't know nice 1984-ish word for "not so good", but:
> >
> > Can Smolt work from behind a proxy server, faking the User-Agent?
> > Because, you know, I've tried to register some machines from a real
> > production environment, with no luck. setenv http_proxy doesn't work,
> > probably because our proxy rejects most of UA-s (or because Smolt
> > doesn't honor http_proxy at all).
>
> This is a must, I'll contact you as soon as its ready.

Setting http_proxy should work - I've tested that before.  If your proxy
blocks unusual User-Agent strings that may be more difficult to deal
with - I'm not sure how easy it is to configure urlgrabber to use a
different User-Agent string.

Jeff