Smolt from behind a proxy (Re: Smolt: firsboot revisited)

Matthias Saou thias at spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.egg.and.spam.freshrpms.net
Thu Feb 15 10:11:36 UTC 2007

Mike McGrath wrote :

> Leszek Matok wrote:
> > Dnia 14-02-2007, śro o godzinie 19:01 +0100, David Nielsen napisał(a):
> >
> >> Smolt is doubleplus good, I vote yes.
> >>
> > I don't know nice 1984-ish word for "not so good", but:
> >
> > Can Smolt work from behind a proxy server, faking the User-Agent?
> > Because, you know, I've tried to register some machines from a real
> > production environment, with no luck. setenv http_proxy doesn't work,
> > probably because our proxy rejects most of UA-s (or because Smolt
> > doesn't honor http_proxy at all).
>
> This is a must, I'll contact you as soon as its ready.

Just to confirm what I've already reported here : smoltSendProfile
fails to send any data for me from behind a transparent proxy, which
doesn't block anything specific, just logs and caches.

I get this :

[...]
Transmitting ...
Error contacting server: [Errno 14] HTTP Error 500: Server:
Squid/2.4.STABLE7 Mime-Version: 1.0