BuildRoot in spec files?

Steve G linux_4ever at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 15 13:31:53 UTC 2007

Hi,

Why is BuildRoot in spec files? (Don't say tradition.) It seems to me that its a
_build system_ tunable and not something that each spec file should do
differently. Can we define that in rpmmacros and take it out of all spec files?
The fact that it comes up in spec file reviews and we are supposed to have the
_same thing_ in each file just screams to be relocated to a central place and no
longer controlled by each spec file.

-Steve