Intro : Mark McLaughlin And Suggestions

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Sun Feb 18 17:16:49 UTC 2007

On Sun, 2007-02-18 at 13:31 +0100, Chitlesh GOORAH wrote:
> On 2/18/07, Luya Tshimbalanga wrote:
> > Additional point is starting with Fedora 7, users will be able to further
> > customize their own Fedora right before the installation. Only limit is the
> > user creativity.
>
> Or perhaps we can add as "documents" or "attached to Release Notes"
> some notes and screenshots of those features that Fedora is shipping.
> Not everyone knows all the list of packages fedora is shipping and how
> they can be used. Possibly, if we can write somewhere in the spin,
> what people can do to customize their own fedora with fedora packages
> will be fun.

There has been a "Tours" section¹ in the wiki ever since Core 5, so I
encourage you to get involved for F7 and put these sorts of pointers
there.  The Release Notes need to stay oriented on what has changed
since previous versions, and aren't well-suited to housing lists of fun
facts and pointers.  The Wiki is a better place for that, and we already
link to the Tours section in the Release Notes "Overview" section.

There may be other suitable documents that the Docs Project has already,
such as the Desktop User Guide or a Customization Guide.

= = =
¹ http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Tours