Re: anaconda update time needs to be improved (really)

On Tue, 2007-02-20 at 13:50 +0100, Roberto Ragusa wrote:

> So I renamed /mnt/sysconfig/sbin/ldconfig away and replaced with
> a copy of /bin/true. The installation speed went up a lot, I'd say
> it's 10 times faster now.
>
> I suppose that running ldconfig continously is not useful, it could
> be done just once at the end of the upgrade.

Not quite I think. Other (later-run) scripts might use those libraries
so ldconfig has to be be run before them so they can work. Perhaps those
calls could be clustered into one, but I don't know whether this can be
done without changes to RPM.

Nils
--
     Nils Philippsen    /    Red Hat    /    nphilipp redhat com
 Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."  --  B. Franklin, 1759