DVD only for Fedora "Classic" spin?

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Wed Feb 21 04:44:53 UTC 2007

On Tue, Feb 20, 2007 at 17:58:15 -0500,
  Jesse Keating <jkeating at redhat.com> wrote:
> For Test2, I'm planning on doing the Fedora "Classic" spin for folks to work
> with.  Doing the Everything spin at this point is just going to take up a LOT
> of bandwidth / space for such a temporary thing.  I do believe we'll have a
> Desktop (Gnome) LiveCD as well, perhaps a KDE one if the KDE folks kick some
> butt.
>
> That said, we've toyed with the idea of doing DVD iso only for the Classic
> (and Everything) spin.  Easy enough for me to do in pungi, I'll just set the
> cd size to 4.5G and produce one iso.
>
> So, how much hate will be thrown my way if we just do a DVD sized iso for
> Test2's Classic spin?

I'll be happy if I can install off the boot iso. I am just waiting for kernel
and anaconda updates that fix the problems blocking me from installing.
I'll try again after test 2 is released to test the kernel update. When I
checked anaconda earlier today, there still wasn't a changelog entry
indicating that multiple software raid arrays are being properly detected
during install now. So I don't have much hope of being able to do more than
test the kernel update.