Re: Goodbye, Fedora (Limiting -devel to maintainers/contributers/etc?)

Gilboa Davara wrote:

Restricting access to the mailing list would, IMO, just paint a picture of
Fedora developers as elitists -- and I don't think that's what you're hoping
to achieve.

I'm not saying that -devel should be limited to RH/FC/Extras members
-only-, I am saying that something must be done to improve the
signal-to-noise ratio.

Is that really true about the ratio? This ESR "from Hell's heart I stab at thee" stuff is going to stay in its own thread. You can score the thread to nothing, but really since it does exist and involves Fedora maybe it should get read.

This "core/moderator only" and "I mustn't be recorded" stuff going on is a pattern I have seen elsewhere. I hope others have seen where it leads too and maybe have some caution about it :-( A good idea is a good idea even if it came from the keyboard of a non-anointed person...

-Andy