Re: Goodbye, Fedora

Eric S. Raymond wrote:
Rahul Sundaram <sundaram fedoraproject org>:
The wiki page does nothing to disabuse me of this expectation by using
terms like "brainwashing".  The contempt for mere users this exhibits is
very revealing, and is a significant part of the reason I've decamped.
You just lose your sense of humor there.

Oh, yes, it's very funny that Greg deKoenigsberg -- who is supposed to be
some kind of responsible adult supervision -- implies that anybody who
wants to watch YouTube or listen to a podcast is a glassy-eyed zombie.
Ha ha.  See me laugh.  Yes, that is *exactly* the kind of attitude that
will get us above 4% market share.  Not.
Um, the brainwashing mentioned is on the part of the Fedora community - a jest (admittedly weak) about "indoctrinating" users into the free software way of thinking.

Probably not as brilliant as showing up at a protest dressed as Obi Wan Kenobi, but we can't all be Important, Serious People.