Goodbye, Fedora

Bojan Smojver bojan at rexursive.com
Wed Feb 21 23:06:35 UTC 2007

Eric S. Raymond <esr <at> thyrsus.com> writes:

> Actually, there was.  But it was a couple of days old.  I didn't expect
> a *single-package update* to be so dangerous that I needed to do
> a full backup first.  How foolishly optimistic of me.

You mean "the single package update that involved manual removal, by YOU, of a
crucial component from the system".

And you didn't have to do a full backup. You could just do a quick incremental
instead. Unless you had terabytes of new stuff, it wouldn't have taken that long.

Even after you created that problem for yourself by removing a vital component
from your system, you had options. Instead, as usual, you've chosen to throw a
tantrum on the list. Not cool.

--
Bojan