Core values

Dennis Gilmore dennis at ausil.us
Wed Feb 21 23:27:29 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 21 February 2007 05:13:56 pm Eric S. Raymond wrote:
> Matthew Garrett <mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org>:
> > > I'm gathering that it wasn't you who did the deal with Linspire to get
> > > Ubuntu's hands on their codecs, then.
> >
> > The fact that I'm not employed by Canonical does mean I don't generally
> > get involved in business deals, yes. The Linspire/Ubuntu deal is a
> > commercial issue, not one that's been in any way shaped by the opinions
> > of the Ubuntu community or governance structure.
>
> OK.  Then I think I may safely deduce that Mark Shuttleworth gets it, but
> that the extent to which his enlightenment is shared by the 'community'
> part of the project is not established.
>
> Thank you for the correction.
> --
I thought you were gone already.

If you can't participate in a manner that is not troll like please don't
participate at all.  Fedora has a clear set of goals an objectives.   and
proprietary anything has no place in Fedora.  of course you are free to
produce your own distro and call it something else with the bits added.  we
even provide tools for you to do it.  you just cant call it Fedora.

--
Dennis Gilmore, RHCE