Core values

Paul Michael Reilly pmr at pajato.com
Thu Feb 22 18:45:10 UTC 2007

Thomas M Steenholdt wrote:
> Arthur Pemberton wrote:

>>> difference is

>>> yet,
>>> >

>>> Color me old-fashioned, but isn't now a good time to stop the mud
>>> slinging contest?!? I really doubt anything constructive will ever come
>>> from that.
>>>
>>> /Thomas
>>
>> To which mudslinging do you refer to exactly?
>
> Mudslinging, name-calling and negatively worded posts, without a real
> value to the debate, in general...
>
> Who cares who's paid for what and by whom. Some possible areas of
> improvement was brought up. Perhaps we can use some that as valuable
> input to improve Fedora, perhaps not. So we should all filter the
> input to end up with something we can use constructively, rather than
> to keep "feeding the fire".
>
> I'm all for the debate, but some of the posts are just not
> constructive at all. So lets try to focus on what we can use the input
> for, rather than spending a lot of time getting all worked up.
You are to be praised for this post.   In a thread filled with way too
much venom, way too much arrogance, there have been too few who, like
you, seem to possess reason and sense.
Maybe Eric does have some points.  Maybe Fedora can be better because of
his rant.  But most important of all, he has every right to speak his
mind, as do all the naysayers.

I have been there.  Fedora  in general and Rawhide in particular drives
me nuts.  I am not as technically astute as many on this list.  But I'd
sure like to be.  So I hang in there.  And I'd like to help make Fedora
better than it is.  Because of what you said, I will look for an
opportunity to help you.

Thank you, Thomas.

-pmr