[Mandrakeot] ESR gives up on Fedora

Avi Kivity avi at argo.co.il
Fri Feb 23 19:09:22 UTC 2007

Simo Sorce wrote:
> You should understand that "property" is natural only for physical
> objects, just because possession of a physical object can be controlled
> by physical means and cannot be easily replicated.
>
> Abstract objects like ideas, but also anything that can be replicated at
> zero cost without destroying the original, can't be subject to real
> property.

You mean I can't put a license on my code that says:  you may use this,
but if you change it and redistribute it you must also redistribute your
changes?

Because that also means that I control what is done with my code.  You
make it sound like all ideas should be in the public domain.

--
Do not meddle in the internals of kernels, for they are subtle and quick to
panic.