Re: [Mandrakeot] ESR gives up on Fedora

On 2/27/07, Avi Kivity <avi argo co il> wrote:
Free software is great, but it has to be voluntary.  Forcing all
software to be free is wrong.

They didnt force u to make your fully owned software free .. But if
you choose to use their code to make your software, you have to follow
their rules .. if your software 100% owned by you .. nobody forcing
you to opensource it ...

GPL to me is still some sort of Intelectual Property protection .. it
protect free codes from being manipulated into closed source apps ...
The programmer have done big effort to give away to free software
community ... and they want others who use their code to respect that

I'm totally against software patents .. I dont mind closed source
their apps .... but making the procedure patented is totally wrong ...
its like saying music genres (hip-hop / rock / jazz etc) are
patented... music are procedures of playing with instruments afterall

regards
Hikaru
Mohd Izhar Firdaus Bin Ismail
Amano Hikaru